Dowloading Programs on to a Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Sangeet Khatri

Honorable
May 26, 2013
You need to install these things :'

1. The drivers for all the hardware and parts you have put it it. You can get them from the manufacturer's website.

2. An Antivirus, get a free Avira or Avast Antivirus, they would work just fine. You do not need a Paid Antivirus, it is a waste of money as most tech sites concluded.

3. You might need some free apps like VLC Media Player, Libreoffice (free alternative to Microsoft Office), Gimp(free alternative to Photoshop), Google Chrome, Utorrent for torrent downloads, Sumatra PDF (For Viewing PDF files), Thunderbird (For Emails), Adobe Flash (for online flash content like Youtube), 7zip (for viewing and creating Zip and RAR files),

4. You need some other solutions to keep your Windows clean. You should have cCleaner, it is a good tool for keeping your system clean from junk.

I hope this helps in getting a rough idea of what you should install or not. I hope this helps. If you have any other queries then feel free to ask them below. I would be happy to help. :)

Matthew Winters

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

Hi, Sangeet one quick question about downloading drivers, I know you can download them for the Graphics Card but is there any other components that you should download drivers for?

Sangeet Khatri

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Yeah, you might need the drivers for other components. I mean if you have like a multi buttons gaming mouse from Razor then to set the functions of every button you need their drivers and software from Razer.

You can just go to the Manufacturer's website and look for the drivers of the components you might need.

Usually for CPU, Motherboard, RAM and PSU you do not need drivers, but you might need some drivers to be able to use some special functionality of those components which is why you should check out the official page of that particular component.

I hope this helps.

Solution

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Well I've had mixed experiences with motherboards. Sometimes they don't require drivers, other times they do. Windows 7 at least doesn't have native USB3 support (btw you never mentioned what OS you are installing), and a lot of the raid controllers require them. So For motherboards, assuming your internet works, I usually go to the manufacturers site, and download the latest drivers. Especially if it is something more recent like z87 board I'd install drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.