Download to sd card installed on lg risio

Susanw813

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have no space on internal storage. I am trying to download to sd card but I don't know how to access the ad card. Please help.

Solution
Unless your phone is running Android "Marshmallow" you will not be able to download apps directly to the card. You can move things like music, photos, videos, etc. over to the SD card, which will free up a lot of room on the device itself. I would also recommend backing up all those things to a computer or cloud account. So you don't accidentally delete them or lose them if the phone dies or gets lost/stolen.

Now if your phone is running, or can be upgraded to "Marshmallow" then you can use the instructions below to make the SD card the default download location for all including apps, as well as move apps over to it. However, and important note, to do this you must start with a blank SD card. Why? Because when the card is formatted...

Susanw813

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Susanw813 : "How do I access sd card installed in my smartphone lg risio?"

Trying to access sd card to download apps. Internal is full. LG risio smartphone. When I try to install games I get a msg saying storage is full. I have 7gb on the ad card.

Unless your phone is running Android "Marshmallow" you will not be able to download apps directly to the card. You can move things like music, photos, videos, etc. over to the SD card, which will free up a lot of room on the device itself. I would also recommend backing up all those things to a computer or cloud account. So you don't accidentally delete them or lose them if the phone dies or gets lost/stolen.

Now if your phone is running, or can be upgraded to "Marshmallow" then you can use the instructions below to make the SD card the default download location for all including apps, as well as move apps over to it. However, and important note, to do this you must start with a blank SD card. Why? Because when the card is formatted and encoded to make it "Internal" storage rather than the regular "External" storage, it will wipe any and all data on the card already. Plus that cards data will not be read by any other devices.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution