driver for touch pad

Bernard_23

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
i had a windows update now touch pad does not work i tried to system that dont work i did a fresh restart still no luck any suggestion???

Sometimes updates turn the touchpad off. Why? Never have gotten a legit explanation. :)

Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

It should work now.

Should you still need drivers, try the manufacturer's website.

Bernard_23

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
But ido have a precision touchpad on my aspire e 15 touch computer i even put the chip set for win 8.1 still no touch pad working and still does not show up in device manager or control panel i am using win 10

Have you tried installing say Synaptics drivers instead?

1. Download the correct Synaptics Drivers for your system, but do not install yet.

2. Next download this troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

3. Run the troubleshooter. Click "Next" and then click "Hide updates."

a. If "ASUS - Other hardware - Asus Support Device" is listed, check the box
and press "next" until the troubleshooter is finished. Then proceed to step 7.)

b. If "ASUS - Other hardware - Asus Support Device" isn't listed, proceed to step 4.

4. Now go into "Device Manager" and uninstall the drivers for "Asus Support Device". It should be under "mice".

5. At this point you want to restart your computer. When the computer restarts, Windows will eventually try to re-download and install the drivers. This may not happen right away, sometimes it takes a while. Luckily you should be able to 'disable' the driver from the troubleshooter before that happens.

6. Again run the troubleshooter and the "Asus Support Device" should now pop up as an option. Select it and run through the troubleshooter.

7. If it's still there, uninstall "Asus Support Device" in device manager, under mice. Then return to step 4 and reboot.

8. Now you want to unzip the Synaptics file and run the setup.exe.

9. Once it is done, restart your computer again.

Now your trackpad options should correctly show up in the control panel "Mouse Options", and Windows won't replace the drivers anymore.

Bernard_23

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017

Bernard_23

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Yes i've tried everything you have suggested so far nothing yesterday i had a win update so i installed that build 15055.rs2_ release170307-1445 but i still do not have in my control panel a line for touch pad (there is one for touch screen) but not touch pad. so I guess my question is how do i get the touch pad listed back in control panel as well as device manager because until i do the drivers do no good.

I can turn on and off the pad with fn+f7 but the doen't work.

Thanks

Bernard_23

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
I just got it working a few minutes ago i went to the acer web site for my computer and then i downloaded the io driver for win 8.1 and install that on my win 10 and rebooted and it worked

Thanks for the help