Solved! Driver Power State Failure Windows 10

Mar 20, 2019
For a few days now I get Driver Power State Failure on my windows 10 laptop. I have already reverted to an older NVIDIA driver and reverted my windows update which seemed to work at first but nah.

I haven't used my laptop too much these days but it mainly happens when I use Adobe After Effects and when I scroll through my tumblr dashboard. The program will crash, CPU will go on a 100%, and 2 minutes later i get the BSOD stating DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Help??

Solution
Try this and see if it helps...

Go to "Start" and in the search type in "Command Prompt" (no quotes). Right click on "Command Prompt" from the list that shows (it may be all that shows) and make sure you load the "Command Prompt" with Administrator access.

Then when it loads type in....

NOTE: All should be typed in without the quotes.

"SFC /SCANNOW"

It will do a file check.

Once that is done type in the following...

"DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth"

and then

"DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth"

Once it is all done, then reboot (turn it off and back on) the computer and see if the problem is resolved.

To learn more about "SFC" visit this link at Microsoft...
Try this and see if it helps...

Go to "Start" and in the search type in "Command Prompt" (no quotes). Right click on "Command Prompt" from the list that shows (it may be all that shows) and make sure you load the "Command Prompt" with Administrator access.

Then when it loads type in....

NOTE: All should be typed in without the quotes.

"SFC /SCANNOW"

It will do a file check.

Once that is done type in the following...

"DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth"

and then

"DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth"

Once it is all done, then reboot (turn it off and back on) the computer and see if the problem is resolved.

To learn more about "SFC" visit this link at Microsoft... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Solution
Mar 20, 2019
Did not work.

I tried it last night and thought it worked. Went to bed, got up, on my laptop for 2 hours or so and it happens again. I'm super annoyed at this point at my laptop so any other help would be appreciated!

Mar 20, 2019
All of them.

The result for the first one was:
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

And for the other two:
No component store corruption detected

You can also try starting up in "Safe Mode" and try and update your drivers while in there. This way you would get the correct ones. It is a safer environment for it.

Should that not work, then I would suggest you try using "System Restore" to restore the computer to a point prior to the problem starting to help determine if it is actually software, driver, etc., rather than hardware.

Mar 20, 2019
Update: I ended up resetting my laptop (but keeping my files) through the windows 10 recovery setting. Everything on windows was acting strange in the end (couldn't move files, couldn't play mp3s from external harddrives, reddit also kept giving me BOD). I hope my issues are cleared now (have not been testing enough to clarify), but if you won't hear from me again my issues are solved!