DROID BIONIC Officially Invades Verizon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

All of the 4g phones opened at 299, the thunderbolt was on a special the first couple of weeks for 249, but you will easilly be able to pick this guy up for 249 as well. Also, I have to tell you, MOST people on Verizon have unlimited data, only since July 1st have the limited data plans been in effect, and upgrading your device doesnt change your data plan. @Toastninja; The Photon = This phone - 512mb ram(who cares). It's a full generation over the tbolt, if it didnt perform better there would be a serious issue. I personally want an HTC Vigor, but until that or the Samsung Prime comes out, the most powerful phones are the Galaxy S2 and this guy.. But the differences are very subtle. So really, this is simply the beginning. Look up the Vigor, seems good.

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
Not sure how they can charge for hotspot which is a feature of the phone
if you already have a data plan how could they know you are tethering ?
Are they monitoring the type of content ? sounds fishy to me....
Custom ROMS ? stealing from you what was already there in the first place ?

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Just went and saw it in person. That phone is making it really difficult for me to wait for the Prime. Good job Moto.

G

So, no sliding keyboard? Too bad. I like the feel of the keys of a sliding keyboard, as well as the fact that the keyboard doesn't take up screen space.

G

if this had a keyboard i would want one.

also, wifi tethering is free if your phone is rooted.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Just bought one, my nokia e71 is giving me fits. Can't wait for the prime. Wife also gets 22% discount via her work. Hope I like it.

viciouz2000

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S II retails for $800 and is unlocked, I dont think any carrier sells this at a discount with a contract. That is way overpriced when similar dual core smartphone are very reasonablly priced lower and you can get a discount from the carriers with contracts. Verizon is way overpriced and their 4g LTE is overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.