Dropbox Accidently Turned Off Password for 4 Hrs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nomadesk will give some more wins for the cloud! :)
You can virtually shred your files with our Theftguard. Check ittttt... www.nomadesk.com/product/protect/

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Ouch, a potentially devastating mistake on their part.

With that said however, I will continue using it. Not only have they been fairly nice with their free accounts, but the Windows integration is also a very nice thing that I appreciate.

G

Could we kill the "spam" comments. At this rate I'm believing that Toms it getting paid for these "ads".

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Dropbox is awesome, I'll continue to use it. Took them 5 mins to fix a bug like that? Impressive. If you put anything on the internets you care about that's not encrypted by you than you're a fool anyways. I'm not really sure why people seem so horrified about this...

G

Good article – here is another Cloud Storage solution that lets your computer to fully encrypt your files before sending out:
With SugarSync, you get 5GB of cloud storage space with the FREE version, but now there is no restriction to the number of computers you can sync/backup (up from 2).
It gives you the ability to upload and sync any folder on your computer.
It is the only service that offers such a broad device and OS support with apps for BlackBerry, Android, iPhone/iPad, Symbian, not to mention your computer!
You can also stream MP3 music files to your smartphone or computer.

Also if you use the below referral code you get a bonus 500MB extra on top of your Free 5GB!

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=tbtp0asbw9pt

Hope this helps someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS