Solved! Dropped my gaming Laptop

Feb 20, 2018
The other day I went to my friends house and I had brought my gaming laptop with me. When I took it out of my bag I had dropped it on the floor from about 2-3ft. No physical damage but when I started it up to play some tf2, I had gotten fps within 40 and below. I then started up Garry's Mod and dropped into a server and got 30 when first joining and when moving around I had 20 or less. please help

The laptop I have is the lenovo y520
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ (2.5 GHz)
GPU: AMD Rx 560 (4 GB)
RAM: 8 GB of DDR4 2400Mhz

Solution
Check your temps while gaming and see what they are at. Also make sure the laptop is using the RX 560 and not the CPU on chip video. The drop might have unseated the gpu and or broke the bond of the thermal compound on the cpu/gpu, you might have to open the laptop and re-seat the cpu/gpu and re-apply thermal compound.

Tkennedy1993

Estimable
May 26, 2015
What were your fps before dropping the laptop? Check to make sure you still have 8GB of RAM being detected. Also, check the temperatures as well to see if your having any thermal throttling. Once you do this turn the laptop off and lightly shake it to see if anything had came loose.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Check your temps while gaming and see what they are at. Also make sure the laptop is using the RX 560 and not the CPU on chip video. The drop might have unseated the gpu and or broke the bond of the thermal compound on the cpu/gpu, you might have to open the laptop and re-seat the cpu/gpu and re-apply thermal compound.

Solution