Dropped my Laptop and Screen wont work

Thetoppi

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I placed my laptop on my table and without realizing, I placed it on something to where the laptop was leaning. When it slid off the table it landed face down. I turned it on, and the screen remained black. I could still here sound, and all the regular lights are still on so it seems that everything but the screen is fine. Is there any simple way to fixing to screen and how much it would it cost to fix?

You may get lucky and the only thing wrong is the ribbon cable connecting the display came loose. If, however, that isn't the case, then the display would need replacing.

Cost I couldn't say as where you live, what type of device, etc., all effect the cost to repair it. Your best bet would be to check around. It would be cheaper, in most cases, to do the work yourself. If you are technically inclined that is. If not check with different local techs.

You may get lucky and the only thing wrong is the ribbon cable connecting the display came loose. If, however, that isn't the case, then the display would need replacing.

Cost I couldn't say as where you live, what type of device, etc., all effect the cost to repair it. Your best bet would be to check around. It would be cheaper, in most cases, to do the work yourself. If you are technically inclined that is. If not check with different local techs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
Mauriciowi100 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 10
TheMaxFort Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1