Dual amps for stereo setup?

Feb 22, 2018
I'm wanting to purchase two crown xls 1002 amplifiers and run them in bridge mode to get more power out of them. So essentially I'll have one amp on each speaker. I use an emotive Pt100 for my preamp. So how would I go about setting up a stereo setup with this equipment. Thanks.

Solution
The amp manual will tell you which input to use for bridged mode and how to connect the speakers.
When you bridge an amp it doubles the minimum impedance that the amp is stable at. So if the amp is stable to 2 ohms in stereo it will be stable into 4 ohms bridged.
If your speakers can't handle the additional power be very careful. It's not hard to damage the speakers. They can also be damaged over time rather than catastrophic failure all at once.
I don't see any issue. Connect all your sources to the pre-amp. Connect your analog outs of the pre-amp to the power amps and you're good to go.

I'd connect those amps to some decent speakers with 15" woofers and I'd add a powered subwoofer . It will rock.

The amp manual will tell you which input to use for bridged mode and how to connect the speakers.
When you bridge an amp it doubles the minimum impedance that the amp is stable at. So if the amp is stable to 2 ohms in stereo it will be stable into 4 ohms bridged.
If your speakers can't handle the additional power be very careful. It's not hard to damage the speakers. They can also be damaged over time rather than catastrophic failure all at once.

Solution