Question Dual boot clone

TimEJ

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2014
Hello folks, I'm having problems...

In my computer, I have 2 partitions with an OS

It is dual boot Win 7 / Win 10 (on a 1TB drive)

Now,

I want to clone just one OS partition to make a new (bootable) disk, as a backup

My problem is, I haven’t got another 1tb drive so want to copy each boot drive (500GB partition) to 2 separate 500GB drives. No software wants to do this easily, that is as far as my numb brian can figure out.

I bought one piece of software (I will hold its name) and this will do it but I didn’t know their terms (omit to) say you must buy a second license, (which I found out by email/ support, because it wouldn’t reinstall). It will only clone the OS partition it’s installed on and to uninstall it is usually frowned upon.

Does anyone know software that will deff do this, please? (that is, you know, clone one OS partition from a partition it is not installed on, make a bootable copy)

Thank you for any help in advance.

[Prob worth saying, Easeus Partition Master doesn’t work, the new version will only clone the whole 1tb (happy if someone wants to correct me on that). As far as I remember Easus Partition Master used to do this maybe 10 years ago, but not sure if I remember right.]

Last edited:

TimEJ

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2014
Hi USAFRet, yeah I hear you... thanks

I bit the bullet and used the software I bought [after trying loads and finding none want to copy the OS to a smaller partition, (in their defence only one full try was carried out, but drive left UNBOOTABLE.)]

The software I used (their name for other's benefit is Aomei Backupper) sell it as 1PC but for me (being a layman) the PC is the thing with the SSD in it.

Last edited: