dude GTX 970M 6GB

Civertronus

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Hi community, a month ago, I purchased for my CLEVO P170EM a 6GB gtx 970m , the problem is not where to get the drivers , since from the panel will not let me install nvidia drivers , appreciate to help me , thanks.

Solution
The article you referred to on installing a graphics card is specifically for a desktop computer, NOT a laptop. The rules for a laptop are different. You may have to go to the laptop manufacturer to get the procedure for installing the new card and updating the drivers. As I said before, drivers for laptops are very brand and model specific.

Civertronus

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Hello good , if the question is that this graph is not the manufacturer it is eBay , is a gtx 970m 6GB , model specific chip is N16E -GT -A1 , but do not know where to download it, and above all make it work.
Thank you

clarkjd

Distinguished
Give us COMPLETE specification for your computer (make, model, etc) What , specifically, are you trying to do? Add a graphics card to a laptop, or simply update the drivers for an existing setup? You can't put just any graphics card into a laptop. It usually has to be not only from the same manufacturer as the laptop, but also made to fit the specific model of laptop.

Civertronus

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Very good , we contacted you regarding an issue that I have with my laptop , is a CLEVO P170EM , brand MOUNTAIN , STUDIO 17.3 ivy , i7 3610 , with a dedicated GTX675M 2gb , and Intel HD 4000 , talking to upgradedmonkey is that told me that this motherboard support the GTX680M , GTX970M and GTX980M graphics , so I decided to buy the GTX970M , and after performing step uninstalling drivers , replacement graphics card with thermal paste , which I turn , will install the new drivers, I recognize , in the PANEL NVIDIA EXPERIENCE I get the GTX970M , and the problem comes when I want upgrade drivers, the actual version is 355.82, but if I want upgrade the other versión driver, it isn't give me do it. The BIOS is 1.02 version, in this bios menú the gpu appears empty, but if I play any game, it uses the gpu gtx970m 6GB.
Thanks for all.
Regards
Raul

clarkjd

Distinguished
The article you referred to on installing a graphics card is specifically for a desktop computer, NOT a laptop. The rules for a laptop are different. You may have to go to the laptop manufacturer to get the procedure for installing the new card and updating the drivers. As I said before, drivers for laptops are very brand and model specific.

Solution