Duke Nukem 3D Hits Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikingex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D on the TEN network, expensive as hell but worth it. So online duke gaming is not something new.

Just reinstall it in Dosbox? Xbox version is sure to suck like Duke Nukem 64.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
The sequel announced the year after Duke 3D was released has been in the works for the last 11 years.
If it ever does come out, it will definitely set a world record!
With all the hardware and software (DirectX) changes that have occurred in the last 11 years, one would have to wonder if any of the code in the final release survived those 11 years.

G

if gamers where holding their breaths for DN3D, they wouldn't be blue in the face, they would be long since dead and mummified.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
DNF won a Lifetime Achievement Award for vaporware. I'll believe it when I see it. Regardless, I won't be buying an Xbox just to play it.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]best online game on xbox live... i want it now and if you dont, you must be under 25[/citation]

You might need to recalculate that figure, sport, I loved Duke Nukem 3D back in the day and I'm only 21 as of today's date.

I believe I first got the atomic edition from a friend in '96. I probably "shouldn't" have played it since I was only about 9, but it was one of those games that slipped past my parents' radar.

By the way, what was wrong with Duke Nukem 64? I know it didn't necessarily have the same level of "Duke" like in DN3D but it was still fun.

Vikingex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm let me see: the graphics, the sound, the annoying control pad, lack of TEN online multiplayer. Why play it on anything but the original port, I don't understand your point Ryun.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
[citation][nom]Vikingex[/nom]Hmm let me see: the graphics, the sound, the annoying control pad, lack of TEN online multiplayer. Why play it on anything but the original port, I don't understand your point Ryun.[/citation]

My mistake, when you said Duke Nukem 64 I thought you were talking Zero Hour. I didn't even realize that they ported Duke Nukem 3D to the 64, probably because I was having too much fun with the original. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.