Dumb question about Sennheiser g4me one headphones

progatician

Estimable
Jun 19, 2015
I have a Macbook Pro which only has one audio port, but I want to be able to use both the microphone and the speakers, each of which have their respective audio connectors.

I'm a complete noob to anything audio, so I'd be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction? Should I use a USB adapter or something?

progatician

Estimable
Jun 19, 2015

My audio settings has a "Use audio port for: Sound Output/Sound Input." If I tick the former, would the mic still work?

hmm... its not a 4pole jack? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sNTaRK-6L._SY300_.jpg

macbook pro's list support for the apple iphone headset (which is earbuds and a mic with 4pole connector) so it should be as i suspected and a 4pole so should work...

if for some reason it is only a 3pole jack... but allows either input OR output on it (not both) then you'd need to use a usb soundcard (some are little plug in sticks with both mic and headphone jacks on them). i'm thinking that if the iphone headsets work, any 4pole would work.

sorry, cant say for mac settings, i'm not a mac user. look at how it tells you to plug and play with the iphone headset and it should be the same for any other 4pole setup.