DVD / VCR recorder HDMI connection.k

Richard_66

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
I connected my DVD / VCR recorder to my tv with a HDMI cable. DVD plays ok, VCR runs but I only get a blue screen on the tv. Do I need any other cables to play tapes on the VCR ? How about for recording on the VCR or the DVD? The DVD/ VCR is a toshiba dvr620ku. The HDMI cable is connected from it to the HDMI 3 port on a Samsung series 5+ 5500 plasma tv.

Solution
The VCR is analog so you would need to use the composite video and audio outputs on the DVD/VCR for VCR playback.
There is no video output on your TV so you can only record from external sources with composite video and audio outputs connected directly to the recorder.
You do have S-video connections on the recorder which are better in quality than composite video so use them is you have S-video output on any external sources.
The VCR is analog so you would need to use the composite video and audio outputs on the DVD/VCR for VCR playback.
There is no video output on your TV so you can only record from external sources with composite video and audio outputs connected directly to the recorder.
You do have S-video connections on the recorder which are better in quality than composite video so use them is you have S-video output on any external sources.

Solution