/e/OS

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
I'm getting a new phone and have been putting a lot of thought into the /e/OS/ system. I have a number of questions I'd like to pose, but I must first inquire if there is a audience attuned to this particular operating system. I ask that, if you are interested, please reply.

Rick Miller

Jun 18, 2024
I'm getting a new phone and have been putting a lot of thought into the /e/OS/ system. I have a number of questions I'd like to pose, but I must first inquire if there is a audience attuned to this particular operating system. I ask that, if you are interested, please reply.

Rick Miller
/e/OS isn't that open source, unfortunately. Some apps/frameworks are actually proprietary and therefore source code can't be totally observed. You're better off with BlissROMs and LineageOS, plus they are much more functional and the official ROMs are usually bug free. Also /e/ doesn't have any Google frameworks if that's something you need. The other 2 ROM options I mentioned either have Google apps (Gapps) built-in or are capable of adding said Gapps at leisure. Hope that helps