E3 2012: Grading the Publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]jwin742[/nom]There's no Ubisoft review.[/citation]

Yup! CMS decided to duplicate the Nintendo page, but it's fixed now.
-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Economists wiped 20% off Nintendo share prices due to how bad their conference was.
The Invisible Wall guys, core gamers, stated how they felt the wrong audience was addressed and were encouraged NOT to buy the WiiU

To give nintendo a B- is wholly wrong and not addressing fundamental flaws such as a large amount of the games shown are already 6 months old and will be even older alone by the time the console is actually released.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]mazty[/nom]Economists wiped 20% off Nintendo share prices due to how bad their conference was. The Invisible Wall guys, core gamers, stated how they felt the wrong audience was addressed and were encouraged NOT to buy the WiiUTo give nintendo a B- is wholly wrong and not addressing fundamental flaws such as a large amount of the games shown are already 6 months old and will be even older alone by the time the console is actually released.[/citation]

Thanks for the feedback.

I felt that Nintendo had the strongest conference of the big three, simply because they chose to address actual games as opposed to the extra entertainment stuff that Microsoft and Sony were pushing. I felt splitting everything into three conferences and a pre-conference was a horrid idea on Nintendo's part, but at least it gave Nintendo time to show off what E3 is really about: games.

Just my two cents on the issue. I feel that since E3 is a gaming convention that conferences should address just that. Leave SmartGlasses for another time.

lunyone

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
And what about all of the booth babes in the Nintendo sections :) I heard they had about 177 babes for just Nintendo (which I could believe). They had the most there by 10x than any other group. The booth babes were very nice and helpful (generally). The system reminded me of the original Wii, which is good for casual gamers but not so much for Xbox/PS3 gamers. I still feel they have some good ideas, but fail to impress the core group of gamers, due to lack of hardware and quality "gamer" type games.

Status
Not open for further replies.