E3 Struggles To Stay Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
E3 has been going down the drain. I can't wait for EA to pull out as well and all the other major companies. E3 in a few years then will be known as something that used to be great, until the ppl who ran it just don't like video games n promoting them with babes and customers in the mix. Screw E3. Its all about advertising and promoting the game as much as a company wants. Who cares E3 is nothing big no more to me. I rather have a company display a game on its own will to show it. The ppl behind E3 just don't appreciate what the gaming industry has evolved into. So screw them. Lets all hope that every developer/publisher pulls out of E3 so we don't have to care about it anymore. Then once no one is appearing E3 either vanishes or it comes back to be the way it used to be. Which was an amazing show.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
E3 has been going down the drain. I can't wait for EA to pull out as well and all the other major companies. E3 in a few years then will be known as something that used to be great, until the ppl who ran it just don't like video games n promoting them with babes and customers in the mix. Screw E3. Its all about advertising and promoting the game as much as a company wants. Who cares E3 is nothing big no more to me. I rather have a company display a game on its own will to show it. The ppl behind E3 just don't appreciate what the gaming industry has evolved into. So screw them. Lets all hope that every developer/publisher pulls out of E3 so we don't have to care about it anymore. Then once no one is appearing E3 either vanishes or it comes back to be the way it used to be. Which was an amazing show.

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
I don't understand why these idiot suits downsized it in the first place. I mean they killed it, it's not as though people lost interest. Mismanagement indeed.

Phu5ion

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I can understand the desire to remove a lot of the fluff that E3 had become known for. As much as I like the booth babes, the event had become a circus and it wasn't really about the games anymore.

By making E3 an invite only affair, E3 is now redundant because we also have GDC which is also an experts only event.

E3 should be open to the public, but make it about the games. I suggest limiting the booth sizes for event the bigger publishes so they are unable to have display the miscellaneous crap. But please keep the booth babes.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I can understand getting rid of the booth babes... but not opening it to the public? What could be better for publishers than individuals going to E3, snapping pictures and video of promising titles, and blogging about it when they get home? This is mismanagement at its worst.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I say fire the President, and give E3 back to the people who buy the products in the first place.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Sometimes the elites forget about the consumers. Then they realize they need them again when their business is failing. At this point I would boycott them even if they do realize the error of their ways and open it back up to the public. Allowing them to open it back up to the public and regain their past reputation says nothing for consumers. I hate it when companies screw consumers and get away with it. I hope they die. Be less forgiving to the corporate whore-mongers that screw you daily.

hurbt

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Sounds like E3 needs to upgrade its president. Bring back the public, boothbabes, loud games, and add BEER!!!! :) 'Cause nothin' beats a bunch of drunk dorks pwning eachother in front of hot women...

hurbt

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Sounds like E3 needs to upgrade its president. Bring back the public, boothbabes, loud games, and add BEER!!!! :) 'Cause nothin' beats a bunch of drunk dorks pwning eachother in front of hot women...

Status
Not open for further replies.