EA Games: Guess Your CD Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jqk

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
solution! Don't play or buy EA games until they learn how to work with serial numbers. This includes losing the virus they install with their games to enforce a 5 install limit after you paid $50.

G

i paid for crysis from ea and I cant even play it, says I need to wait for a different install to expire but every time ive installed its on my only computer. Now i have to use a cracked exe to play the game i paid for AND the cracked exe doesnt work with the newest version in 64bit. I will never buy a game off ea's online service again.

that_aznpride101

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
Hahaha.... EA Games really botched this release..

Oh, do you know what would really be messed up? If EA Games limited the amount of times you can guess the CD key, as a way to limit piracy, so by the time you get to the letter 'G', it's over. lol

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]tcr071[/nom]Just another reason I no longer buy EA games for PC. [/citation]

wait... you mean we haven't run them out of business yet? well damn! ;)

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Yet another slice of BS EA has to put its paying customers through all for the sake of fruitlessly stopping piracy. Yes, even a CD-key is a retarded form of piracy prevention that does nothing but inconvenience paying customers. There's no reason they can't just put the game's data on the disc and let you install with no input from you. CD-keys are one of the oldest forms of piracy prevention and obviously we all see what good that has done in stopping piracy. The only thing it effectively does is annoyingly make paying customers type it in for every install. Useless.

G

[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]Yet another slice of BS EA has to put its paying customers through all for the sake of fruitlessly stopping piracy. Yes, even a CD-key is a retarded form of piracy prevention that does nothing but inconvenience paying customers. There's no reason they can't just put the game's data on the disc and let you install with no input from you. CD-keys are one of the oldest forms of piracy prevention and obviously we all see what good that has done in stopping piracy. The only thing it effectively does is annoyingly make paying customers type it in for every install. Useless.[/citation]
Account creation for online play? Which is probably the only way to defeat piracy and remove the need for DRM - compelling online play/support via an account linked to a CD, such as Diablo I/II, UT200x, Starcraft etc managed to do.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
god dam comment box.

Like I was saying, because only EA screws up... Really sad when people are too fucking lazy to put a 0-9 or a-z at the end. Really it isn't that hard at all. I can link to posts that had people's games not come with any keys period.

This isn't just EA doing this. Oh and the EA bashing is just as retarded as the Vista bashing. But hey, if you are navie enough to think only EA doesn't support games after a while, have bugs in their games, then go ahead and continue to be a dumbass.

Really pathetic when people are so dumb to think only EA has problems. How about Soulstrom? There are major game breaking bugs that have yet to be fixed. Fallout 3 with all of it's problems, hell I use to crash every 5 minutes until I fixed the problem myself by deleting a codec....

And there are plenty of other games just like that. Guess you are going to boycott them as well, well if you do you might has well just throw away all your consoles and rip out your graphics card as all companies have this problem.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
It's pretty unlikely that "0" would be a valid last digit if "8" was also valid... these codes generally are going to create a checksum inside the application and it would be a pretty weak checksum indeed if it didn't have enough bits to allow a single character to change in the key and still work.

G

ok so now EA has entered the cracker jacks of all gaming...

a game within a game. Guess the letter or number and find a magic toy surprise inside.

Can you say --- RUSHED?

When you or I don't do our job it's incompetence. When a game manufacturer doesn't it's a honest mistake. Give the Q/A guy a golden parachute.

G

Another reason why I stopped pre-ordering games.

And I thought the delay for HL2 was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.