EA Hops Aboard Crowd-Funding, Offers 3 Months Distribution

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Love all the hate Origin but don't know why statements lol I love steam and I have no problem with Origin. Actually Origins UI is a bit more clean and sleek IMO. If Origin wasn't EA would you all still have the hate for it?[/citation]

Nope, if Origin wasn't associated with then I would have no issue with their service. At this point anything and everything associated with EA can burn for all I care, I refuse to monetarily support any project that has anything to do with this company.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Origin really isnt that bad, it beats the hell out of the old dd ea downloader. The only real reasons to dislike origin are as follows:

1.) there are a few games where this labeled, Beta, software is required
2.) EA kills developers

Past that, its just a distribution platform. If EA is ponying up the bandwidth as a goodwill pr venture, who cares if their true motivation is getting more people to grab origin.

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I had to install origin to play mass effect 3. It seemed "ok" at the time, but when trying to play the game last weekend, origin had me update it... then mass effect 3 wouldnt run, even though origin said it was, and apparently this happened to many people. The only way around it was to rename origin files manually because they havent fixed what they broke. Now every time I run ME3, origin pops up and says that its core component is corrupt and to reinstall, but I can still play ME3 single player and multiplayer so I do not see the need to reinstall it....

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
hay looks like EA's trying something new, killing the company before it makes it mark!

Honest what has EA touched that was better afterwords? Mass Effect is worse of because of the DLC nightmare that it has become, Westwood Studios who was right up there with Blizzard was destroyed within a year or two of acqisition, and im sure there are plenty of other options I am to lazy to look up.

I agree with the above, use steam, at least there helping the community, wouldn't of known about Moon Breakers without them. EA does not have that atmosphere. This feels like EA has ran out of big fish to fry, so now there hunting for smaller fish... instead of making something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.