EA Leaks Battlefield 4 in Medal of Honor Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
please for the love of all that is gaming, dont turn battlefield into call of duty.

We regected activision for it, will do the same to you EA

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]sp0nger[/nom]please for the love of all that is gaming, dont turn battlefield into call of duty.We regected activision for it, will do the same to you EA[/citation]
I already reject EA

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
since they shut down the EA UK forums the battlefield section. all the hardcore & veterans moved to mordorhq.com instead of battlelog trying to get back Battlefield what it use to be. But we really don't want this turn into a madden series or CoD. I was hoping they make a sequel to BF2142 (my favorite BF game).

@ Catherine Here's the video showing the leak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86nnsxAzLaA&feature=g-all-lik

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Please not another "modern" era game, we have a least a hundred years and god knows how many wars to pick from. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Soviet/Afghan, Indo/China, Bosnia, Gulf War 1 - pick one, just don't ram another game set "this year" at us.

Hell, give everyone muskets and a few cannon and set it during the American Civil War, I would pay to re-enact Gettysburg

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Hopefully the access to the beta will be more then the pitiful 48 hours that they offered with the last Medal of Honour...as well as not being a terrible, terrible beta.

dudewitbow

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
There's a reason why angry video game players labled EA to be wort company of the year on the consumerist(albeit theres no real way they are worse than bank of america). Their business practice caters way too much to the investors rather then the player base.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I've got a bit sick of the present day aspect of a lot of fps game all with the same unlocks and associated inaccuracies (no pun intended) and failings.

2142 on the other hands was a great futuristic version of the battlefield series and one which deserves to have been expanded on.

I especially liked the staged conquest\ctf model which had a load of elements involved that went towards winning a round;

Capture missile silos that fire at the drop-ships to slowly deplete their shields, board the flying drop-ship by launching on to it via projectile capsules that you jump in to to be shot high in the air to steer in flight to try to land on the drop-ship, sequentially assault the various rooms of the drop-ship to destroy the controls that operate the internal power-core shields, destroy the drop-ships power-core and finally run like hell to jump off and parachute to safety from the ship as fast as you can to avoid being killed in the power-core's explosion and subsequent total destruction of the drop-ship.

It created a great deal of team play and forced squads to work together which is an element of gameplay that is sadly lacking in BF3. 2142 also had some great vehicles like hover tanks, mech walkers, the drop-ship with it's A2G artillery and A2A guns, not to mention awesome flying transports and gunships as well as speeder buggies, G2A artillery, great maps.... Hell I'm selling myself the idea of getting the disc out, loading it up and seeing if anyone still plays it online!

I just hope that EA\Dice have a go at a 2142 sequel someday (and long as they make it at least as good as the original).

draphius

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
[citation][nom]sp0nger[/nom]please for the love of all that is gaming, dont turn battlefield into call of duty.We regected activision for it, will do the same to you EA[/citation]
sorry but they allready have done that, go back and play BF2 then BF3 then play BFBC2 and tell me which game BF3 is the sequel 2. also bfbc series was created to directly compete with CoD. this is from digital illusions own mouth. so what u fear has allready happened, apparently u like the change so u should rejoice

draphius

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
[citation][nom]reconspartan[/nom]sequel*[/citation]
[citation][nom]tanjo[/nom]Oh no! EA's milking again![/citation]
srsly BF3 is the perfect sequel to BFBC 2 but in no way resembles bf2 other then the basic premis and sharing some maps. i was utterly dissapointed by bf3. if it had been called bfbc3 i would have thought it was an awesome sequel and ramped up each feature it had. shoot it even has bfbc's singleplayer game in it.

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
This will surely suck. They worked years to do the sequel. Many times the amount of effort. This will just be new maps and vehicle skins etc. built on the same engine. Not much.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
[citation][nom]draphius[/nom]sorry but they allready have done that, go back and play BF2 then BF3 then play BFBC2 and tell me which game BF3 is the sequel 2. also bfbc series was created to directly compete with CoD. this is from digital illusions own mouth. so what u fear has allready happened, apparently u like the change so u should rejoice[/citation]

I thought BF3 was an evolution of BF2 that had obviously been shaped to compete with COD. It sacraficed a lot, and as a veteran of 1942,vietnam,bf2,2142,bfbc,bfbc2 i definitely feel like bf2 was the peak of the series, but i delt with the change because its fun playing in packed servers again. Sure i cant TV people all day (so nerfed) or dolphin dive my way to victory but in the end all the core components are there.

Im afraid of a release every 2 years. Spliting the community, Milking the user base, and killing the series like activision did to call of duty.

ajvkorn

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
You guys comparing bf3 to bf2...You do understand battlefield 2 was in 2005 right? That was 7 years ago. My point is, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE DIFFERENT! The only real things they can change to make it more like bf2, is unlock system, squad style/commander and such..What else could they do the same as bf2? Everything had to advance. BF2 is old tech. Get over it.

US_Ranger

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
A bunch of people who complain about Battlefield turning into the next Call of Duty who then go out and buy a copy on release day.

How many people here fit into that category? Be honest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.