EA Mandates Online, DLC for Every Game in 2011

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
If you look at the way they are doing things on the consoles, you could actually pay $100+ for a game you thought would cost you $60.

This is a racket. Don't buy into their extra crap. Just play the game for its $60 and judge its value based on that. Don't buy into the gimmick.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Having DAO I'm extremely "ANNOYED" by the online requirements that have been shoehorned into it. The fact that it shares my "accomplishments" online whether I want it to or not is not something that I like or appreciate. To top everything off the DLC is overpriced and adds very little to the game play. That is, if it works at all. So far I've been unable to get it working and there is no "support" available other than other "users" so there is another rip off.

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
As I stated earlier I'm not happy with EA's stand on this, mostly for the online feature, as not all games work with that aspect especially RPG's, like FO3, ME2, and DAO. However I do see their aim at implementing it more, with games like Borderlands, Gears of War 1&2, and Left 4 Dead 1&2 I see how they want to cash in on the co-op with friends. What better way to earn more money than not only you buying a $60 game, but convincing three other friends to buy it as well. And of course the DLC holds an even larger appeal for EA as it can be used with every game instead of holding back a while and expending more money to print and publish an expansion pack, while selling less for more.

To the guy who said one who opposed EA should not buy their products. I do agree with you in theory, but alas, I'm hooked to Bioware and cannot simply stop because of their new publisher. I also have a friend who has been unfairly blocked from EA servers and want to stop all business with them for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.