EA Releases, then Pulls, the Crysis 2 PS3 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Well, the release date is 4 days away. Does it really matter now?[/citation]

It matters if there really are big differences between the PS3 version and 360 and they don't want negative buzz affecting early sales.

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
**He even added that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were a good match for the PC demo**

^ why dose that one sentence tick me off?

**It matters if there really are big differences between the PS3 version and 360 and they don't want negative buzz affecting early sales. **

agreed

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
He even added that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were a good match for the PC demo

I don't know if I should laugh or be angry at this nut-jobs absurd comment.

I own a Xbox 360 and I don't care about any,
un-optimized press preview code.
My highly optimized graphics card and multi-core CPU will rock a console any freakin day of the weak.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Daygall[/nom]**He even added that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were a good match for the PC demo**^ why dose that one sentence tick me off?[/citation]
it ticks you off because if he said the ps3 demo was as good as the 360 demo, you could perhaps MAYBE take his word for it

but saying it's as good as the pc demo is like well... now i know your lying. the game sucks, yeah, but the pc version is superior

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]it ticks you off because if he said the ps3 demo was as good as the 360 demo, you could perhaps MAYBE take his word for itbut saying it's as good as the pc demo is like well... now i know your lying. the game sucks, yeah, but the pc version is superior[/citation]

What he is saying is the PC demo is dumbed down, particularly graphically. If the PC and the console versions are the same then there is a big problem, because 5-6 years old consoles and a new i7 580GTX are not the same and their games should not look the same.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I know i would pulled anything related to FPS on a console since its a funny joke!

Who can seriously play an FPS on a console and think auto-aim,poor controlls, weak gfx ect is how the developer intended their game to be enjoyed.

velozzity

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
"For some, the PlayStation 3 demo of Crytek's long-awaited sequel to Crysis was the only way to get an early taste of the game, especially for those who don't have the PC hardware to run the game at an acceptable framerate"

Uh....This game is nowhere near its predecessor on system demand, I think anything 8800GT or better will run it fine...so don't make it out to be hard on systems....oh btw did you read this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-2-performance-best-graphics-card-multiplayer,2901.html it should enlighten you on the requirements.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]velozzity[/nom]"I think anything 8800GT or better will run it fine...so don't make it out to be hard on systems....oh btw did you read this article it should enlighten you on the requirements.[/citation]

Actually the lowest-end card that can play this game with an acceptable framerate would be a 8800GTS, The game has roughly the same requirements as the first game but since technology has advanced so far since Crysis (A.k.a, Very powerful GPU's at really cheap prices), that practically anybody with a desktop can spend $100 on a card and be able to play this game (so long as they have a good enough power supply)

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]What he is saying is the PC demo is dumbed down, particularly graphically. If the PC and the console versions are the same then there is a big problem, because 5-6 years old consoles and a new i7 580GTX are not the same and their games should not look the same.[/citation]

No a i7 and 580GTX vs a PS3 or 360 are like comparing a moped to a Shelby Cobra GT500.

Theyboth do the same thing, just one does the same thing faster, better and in much more style and class.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]"PC gamers who still haven't checked out the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo can download the file directly from Tom's Guide by heading here."The Crysis 2 MP demo is already closed. Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 901-2.html Or in other words, one of Tom's own damn articles!Your terrible journalism knows no bounds.[/citation]

I can give a writer the benefit of doubt about not knowing this. But there is no reason an editor here wouldn't and have the writer correct this. Of course even newspapers don't even have good editing anymore. Just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.