EA Shutters Pet Society, The Sims Social and SimCity Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
And this is why I'm not going to run out and pre-order Battlefield 4, I'm going to wait and see what happens as they could take down the battlelog site (which is used to launch the game) just like this at anytime.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Facebook games were a fad that obviously could not last forever and by the time EA entered in it was already pretty late in. The very Facebook trend is dying off, while many users still remain active it's no surprise, things are are the "in" thing never last long. So what do you think is going to happen to a fad within a fad?

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
therabiddeer has hit the nail on the head. When SimCity starts to decline in activity, they're going to shutdown the servers. But those few hundred people who still want to play are going to get shafted. Can they sue EA?

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Didn't EA recently sue Zynga for copying their Sims Facebook games (the same ones now getting shut down)? Doesn't make much sense to me, especially given that EA boasts millions of players on these games still.

Elsapo

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
One of the problems with EA's facebook games is that they viewed them as cash cows. Essentially five dollars for 100 energy which I use up in 10 minutes, if that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.