EA: We'll Return to Wii U if Nintendo Sells More Units

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I have a Wii U and wouldn't buy any EA games even if they were offered (due to sim city bs they will never get me back as a customer).

My real problem with the Wii U isn't even the lack of games but instead the lack of games utilizing the tablet. The tablet is AWESOME. I was very impressed at how well it was able to keep video in sync and how ergonomic it felt.

The problem is only two tablets are supported instead of four... and currently there are no games that utilize both tablets. I'm so sick of using the wii-motes I just want to use the tablet for everything. The tablet should be the primary controller but it feels like wii-motes are still in control. Most games don't support the standard gamepad or tablet so your stuck with wii-motes.

I think the whole idea of the Wii U tablet came from the idea of using a 3DS as a controller. I think this would have been way better than the tablets that require a Wii U console. IMO 3DS is the best console and has the best game. As for the comment that Nintendo should get out of the hardware business I completly disagree. The 3DS is a great example of amazing hardware that complements great software.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Toms must be getting a hell of a kick back to be putting an EA article up every week. Wasn't there another article about EA unable to put games on PC due to bad hardware and anther about how their game engine could never work on Wii U?

From a company voted 'worst' two years in a row, why do we hear so much about them like the industry revolves around them or something?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
EA sucks anyway. But the Wii-U is problematic. Unlike past Nintendo consoles, they looked nothing alike between the models. The Wii-U is a bit bigger version of the Wii. And yet its NOT a Wii. The touch-screen is a gimmick and its concepts are... confusing.

Also, given the fact that the Wii-U is a $300 console that is on par with the 360/PS3, which are 8 year old-technology hurts big time. The PS3 is $250~300 console depending on its bundle (games / Move controller). You're getting more for your money. Wii-U = no hard-drive, can't play Blu-Ray, can't even play DVD discs! Its sub-standard to the PS3 which costs more money!

The Wii-U graphics blows away the Wii... and for what it does, it should have come out 2 years ago with a standard Wii setup at a MSRP of $200 and use DVD-Discs and drive.

Nintendo should get out of the hardware business.... they are unable to keep up and for that, their games will suffer. Imagine a Mario game on a PS4.... WOW.

I think it has a lot to do with the name and appearance. When the Wii U came out. I thought it was just a next generation handheld not home console. Basically a handheld Wii to replace the DS.

It wasn't until the XBOX One announcement and all the lambasting that I realized the Wii U was Nintendo's next gen console. When reading about the XBOX One's horrible DRM I was thinking just wait until the next generation Nintendo comes out. It'll do even better than the Wii.

Now looking at the Wii U Nintendo really missed the mark this time. No one wants some bulky hand held screen to game with on a home console. $350 is way too much for the casual gamer that Nintendo is targeting.

I never looked nto the Wii U. Because I saw the name Wii and what looked like a handheld. So I thought handheld Wii. Since I have zero interest in a portable gaming system I stopped paying attention right then. My last handheld gaming system was a SEGA Game Gear.

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
"It wasn't a schlocky port, we actually put extra effort into getting everything to work."

Man, that one sentence says so much, like "Normally we ship bugware and let our gamers beta test for us". Howz about shipping stuff that doesn't have to be patched out of the box to even work?

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
@koga73 quote: IMO 3DS is the best console and has the best game. As for the comment that Nintendo should get out of the hardware business I completly disagree. The 3DS is a great example of amazing hardware that complements great software.

Well, I don't really agree that the 3DS is the best console, I reckon the Xbox360 and PS3 has it beat at the moment. Best handheld, in terms of games definitely yes. Specwise I think the PSVita beats it.

The DS was great when it came out, and still is great in a way! The 3DS continues its legacy, though I think the 3D option is still just a fad. It's really only useful in certain situations in a game, and after a few minutes of using it I don't even notice it's in 3D anymore.

Nintendo needs to rev up into high gear innovation-wise. It's clear they're not going to do too well with the WiiU, it's not going to be as great as the Wii, sadly. But hopefully they can show us something awesome with their next handheld and console when it comes around. Heck, maybe it'll be a handheld that is ALSO a console!

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
@koga73 quote: IMO 3DS is the best console and has the best game. As for the comment that Nintendo should get out of the hardware business I completly disagree. The 3DS is a great example of amazing hardware that complements great software.

Well, I don't really agree that the 3DS is the best console, I reckon the Xbox360 and PS3 has it beat at the moment. Best handheld, in terms of games definitely yes. Specwise I think the PSVita beats it.

The DS was great when it came out, and still is great in a way! The 3DS continues its legacy, though I think the 3D option is still just a fad. It's really only useful in certain situations in a game, and after a few minutes of using it I don't even notice it's in 3D anymore.

Nintendo needs to rev up into high gear innovation-wise. It's clear they're not going to do too well with the WiiU, it's not going to be as great as the Wii, sadly. But hopefully they can show us something awesome with their next handheld and console when it comes around. Heck, maybe it'll be a handheld that is ALSO a console!

reviewer888

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
This is GREAT news!
EA will start out by not making games for the Wii U and then not make games for the PS4, X-Box One and PC.
Gaming in the future is still solid. Better games for all without EA ruining everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.