Easy Riding: Taurus is Sexy Segway/Bike Combo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, a transportation product named the Taurus. No one's ever done that before. ;)

Also Ms. Orange jumpsuit is probably hotter than many of us have at home, but the getup they put her in for the pic takes away 2 points, at least.

ljport78

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
You know what would make this better? If it had 4 wheels and was more like a chair with a back rest... Wait, that is a wheel chair.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
The problem I've had with things like this is that I live in a northern climate - these won't do winter well. Second, where I live, it's still a fight to get decent bicycle paths put in so one can ride safely. These things would absolutely have to have their own lanes. Cars are already crowded and drivers distracted without adding this to the mix.

In other words, we'd need some social changes to take place before we could see wide use. It's possible, but just manufacturing and selling them won't bring about the needed changes.

Still, I bet they would be fun to cruise around on.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]Copy Right name infringement lawsuit from Ford in 3...2...1...[/citation]
Only if they start selling it under that name...

frankzz

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
So... if you stop really hard.... hows that exactly work? I know my motorcycle puts a ton of wieght on the front wheel. how do you stop on this thing?

G

lol, I'm sorry, but I can't help laughing when I look at that second pic. It really does look like a guy riding a mechanical Road Runner. I'd take an original Segway over this any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.