Elon Musk's Hyperloop Concept Gets 3D Printed

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
By the time any super fast people transporter is ready, we will probably have the technology to virtually teleport people anywhere in virtuality instead of reality. In other words, people will no longer need to leave their house. Goods do not need to be transported at super high speed because goods are not sentient and therefore do not get bored on long trips.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Communications and Transportations are important to our infrastructure. Good infrastructure is necessary for the growth of society.
Elon Musk got all the things Right! Tesla is a good investment looking into the future.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Not sure if I particularly agree with your comment, Skeptic. I believe that a hyperloop is much more plausible than a device that can de-materialize an individual, and then have them re-materialize in a different location thousands of miles away.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Not sure if I particularly agree with your comment, Skeptic. I believe that a hyperloop is much more plausible than a device that can de-materialize an individual, and then have them re-materialize in a different location thousands of miles away.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Goldenl, it looks like from the thumbs up that you got, and from the thumbs down I got, that many people badly misinterpreted my statement like you seem to have done initially. Teleportation of people will not be possible in reality because it will merely copy & delete rather than move people, and deleting people is not acceptable because it is murder. However in the future people will cease to live most of their lives in reality and will instead live mostly in virtualities (virtual realities) where many things including teleportation are very easily possible which we have seen from the days of Doom 1 for example.

lordjakian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
"Skeptic >> can virtuality let you travel thousands of miles to taste gourmet food?"

Even in the future where some people can taste virtual gourmet food like its supposed to be, I'll get stuck with the low end sucker-with-a-wire-that-connects-to-my-USB accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.