Eminem's Publisher Sues Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

snarfeck

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
16 million is pocket change to apple. they'll probably throw in another 4 if eminem promises the world he won't make another album.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Isn't this Friday news?

I read the articles on Friday and it looks like Apple had the rights. Can't count on some dumbass rapper to be very smart anyways. Go figure..

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Isn't this Friday news?I read the articles on Friday and it looks like Apple had the rights. Can't count on some dumbass rapper to be very smart anyways. Go figure..[/citation]I swear on the earth I walk, talk and type on that your life shall not be spared when you spew such ridiculous nonsense from that "shit-can" you call your brain.

gereth

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]snarfeck[/nom]16 million is pocket change to apple. they'll probably throw in another 4 if eminem promises the world he won't make another album.[/citation]

Did you know that Eminem has sold more albums over the past 10 years than any other artist worldwide? Number 2 was the Beatles. 4 mil to stop making albums? Stop making me laugh.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]gereth[/nom]Did you know that Eminem has sold more albums over the past 10 years than any other artist worldwide? Number 2 was the Beatles. 4 mil to stop making albums? Stop making me laugh.[/citation]

yeah over the past 10 years. But he hasnt sold crap compared to overall sales.
Cant even beat George Michael. And his total album sales isnt even close to Michael Jacksons one album Thriller. Not that I like Micheal Jackston, just saying.
So we must have had 10 years of really crappy music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

G

"So we must have had 10 years of really crappy music"

Usually every generation thinks the "music died" after their generation, but I think that's actually true this time. Everytime I meet a teenager now, they're listening to the exact same music I listened to when I was a high-schooler in the 90s, then they pretty much tell me that rock/rap/whatever is dead....

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If Apple loses this, they might be forced to review their previously unknown ability to pull songs from iPods. If Amazon did it, you know Apple can too. Better copy your DRM-free songs to a non-Apple product fast.

abhik

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
i have to agree with music being dead. Being 16 the most recent stuff i listen to is '07 with the majority recorded between 1989-1997

G

abhik: LOL, that was awesome... as I approach the age of 30, I always try to tell myself not to turn into some jaded old man listening to the oldies station, but I swear I'm not imagining that mainstream music is going downhill... Thanks for reaffirming that. *high-five*

baterz_up

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
What are you talking about? Mainstream music isnt going downhill *cough cough* thats not the reason the music industry is failing *cough cough* its because of people who pirate music *once again, cough f#%&ing cough*
Or is it really because we don't have to dish out 20 bucks for a cd with 1 good song, and instead can buy the 1 and only good song for about a buck...
LOL to failures of the industry who can only blame someone else for so long

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Most likely there is a disagreement over whether Aftermath owns the rights for digital distribution. The relevant contracts are probably vague and subject to various interpretations.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Damn this turned into bash M post.Good job posters from going away from the info... It seems like tons of people on here take a story and turn it into a bash fest.. Don't Hate M cause you are poor and work at best-buy for a tiny amount more than minimum wage... Also for the people on here calling rappers dumbass That just goes to show how dumb you are.. Most of the rappers are super buisness savy.. So go serve the fries at MC.DILDOES AND SHUT THE HELL UP SO YOU DON'T SHOW HOW RETARTED YOU ARE...

Status
Not open for further replies.