Encrypting entire disk

Mar 11, 2015
I am wondering if there are any risks I should know about. I just encrypted my entire brand new Corsair Go and I am wondering if this will be ok?

If I shouldn't do this, the way to unencrypt and "restart" would be to erase the entire disk ?

Thanks !

Mar 11, 2015
RGD1101, Thats a great point. I guess the only way a problem would occur is if the disk gets corrupted. I never fully understood how disks get corrupted. Would you mind sharing ?

Granted, I will have a bunch of files I want encrypted and the rest I could use to transfer data. It might actually be a good idea to simply make a container to do this. It wouldn't prevent corruption though would it? That have nothing to do with the encrypting, does it?

Veepeein, I am using VeraCrypt

Mar 11, 2015

Also the process in unencrypting my usb stick and adding a container instead would be to erase the entire disk and then proceed to add a new container?

Veepeein

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Yes you can copy the contents to another drive and format it and then yadda yadda yadda you have a completely empty drive. If it was a system partition like an actual HDD in the computer then you could unencrpt it, but not with removable media.