Enter key in the num pad is not working in video games.

Oct 27, 2018
Why is that? My original enter key is not working anymore. So, I'm using the num pad enter key for all of my work. But that enter key doesn't work in video games. Is there a way to fix it? Btw, it's a laptop.

Actually, that is pretty normal. I have seen many games that won't use the enter key and even other keys on the number keypad.

One thing you can try is going into the settings within the game itself and see if that key is an option you can choose. Most games give you the option to change what keys you use for what. If that key isn't listed, then there is no way to use it. You would either need to fix the main enter key on the keyboard, replace the laptops keyboard or try using an external (connects via USB) keyboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 10
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question External keyboard - Enter not working
Solved! Im pressing the letter g and it types g and v backspace or enter doesnt work
When ever i power on my laptop it shows enter bios password .. What shall i do . No key works
Can't log in laptop cause enter key won't work
most of the keys aint working on the laptop at all including the enter button
My ASUS laptops spacebar, ` b, backspace, z, left ctrl, left shift and enter is not working properly.
Some weeks ago after working fine for my years the enter key on my keyboard gives the $ sign. This is extremely irritiation. I
My laptop was stucked in the password menu it is like it is hanged no power button is working and I couldn't not entering the
Mouse pointer is moving but its not working.. I m sticker in opening screen. I couldn't even enter the password and even I can
My keyboard isn't working for my acer laptop using windows 10 when I try to enter a wi-fi password or in the "type here to sea
enter and backspac not working
'z x c v b n m enter and spacebar keys don't work
my asus notebook q w r y u o key words not working.and enter and left arrow key not working
my hcl laptop enter key and spacebar is not working what t do to choose option
my A,B,enter and slash key is not working on my laptop
I have sony vaio laptop and i also bought a gamepad of enter... gamepad is working properly but it not working in games..
my two button on keyboard are not working {enter}and {back space}what is the solution?
F2 to enter setup doesn't work?
Enter button not work
My enter key won't work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY