Enter to Win an Xbox One and 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' from Tom's Guide!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmarie

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
For my favorite action hero, my choice is Lara Croft! She too me on my first adventures to other lands to places I could never afford to visit. I learned how to think construct when playing Tomb Raider and I have allot of fun. Plus she is viscous with a gun when comfronting the bad guys. Thank you for an opportunity to share my feelings for my favorites childhood action adventure hero.

CrimsonAirRaid

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Definitely Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. Been cleaning up Umbrella's mess since the terrifying original game in the mansion. Best thing about Chris, always looking out for his teammates and family!

LearnedHandgun

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
My favorite would have to be Captain Price form the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series. That guy was the epitome of what I imagined special op solders were like. He would jump of a cliff without any fear, knew how to stay hidden when needed, and would shoot his way through when required. Master Chief is a close second, but Captain Price's character was a bit more grounded in reality.

SeanZ007

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
I'm definitely going to have to go with Big Boss from the Metal Gear Solid series. He raised the level of what it means to be a soldier so high that he was cloned in hopes of having others take his place. Not to mention he stopped all out nuclear devastation multiple times single handedly.

lppnyc

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Faith from Mirror's Edge! Definitely. She's a badass, she can do some of the coolest things in all of video games with her body, and she lives in an intensely minimal society yet manages to create a character that resonates with all of the maximalism of a modern day action superstar.

Deyojie

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
As a fan of the Tomb Raider series I would have to say that the latest rebirth of Lara Croft is my favorite action hero. The remade version of the Tomb Raider series proved that a female action hero could not only thrive, but capture both old and new fans alike and make them fall in love all over again with the character. The growth shown during the latest version takes you from start to finish so that you feel as if you evolve with the character. There are several franchises that die out because of over saturation of the genre and that's what the title Tomb Raider had become. Now Lara Croft is fit to compete with any title and give gamers an opportunity to continue growing with the character.

Grunty King

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

My favorite action hero (actually, heroine) has to be Lara Croft! The Tomb Raider franchise is so iconic and unique because of her. One can't help but to admire Lara Croft: She's beautiful, brave, intelligent, refined, tough, adventurous, strong-willed, athletic... the list goes on...

GR_Fan82

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
I gotta go with Simon Belmont from the "Castlevania" series. His ancestors were all warriors known for taking down evil with the trusty whip, Vampire Killer. Simon technically didn't finish getting rid of Dracula until after the events of the sequel "CV II: Simon's Quest", but his original tale of taking on the Count was so epic that it has been remade more times on different consoles than I can remember. All with great music to boot!

ekirchubel

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Nathan Drake is the best action hero. He mixes incredible wit with incredible charm with an incredible sense of adventure. He always seems to find himself in the most beautifully designed locations and is able to bring the Indiana Jones movies to our consoles.

TheRefl3x

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

My favorite action video game character is Megaman Volnutt of Megaman legends. Very similar to Lara croft, he is an archaeologist and digger. On an adventure seeking out energy refractors/treasure. He is badass and it only gets better once you have upgraded every armor and weapon in the game. One of the best video game characters to play as in a much exciting adventure.

Cristo1970

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My favorite action hero is Commander Shepard from Mass Effect series. He was a super cool bad@ss with dialogue to match. He saved the universe, doesn't get any better than that.

Z1Boss

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My favorite is Edward Kenway.
Living the carefree life,chasing riches.
had one of the most impacting falls ive seen
Learnt the hard way.
matured pretty well

Aragon119

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My favorite video game action hero is Spartan John 117 master chief because from 1 to 4 from Xbox to Xbox360 he's been through the toughest situations and still managed to stop the covenant and kick butt and earn respect doing it and saving Everyone even though he doesn't show emotion doing it makes him even more cool.

hackman2003

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
My favorite is Booker DeWitt from BioShock Infinite. He's a complete BA, and his character development over the course of the game is great.

Roscious

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
I love Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. He's awesome in both stealth and full on assault situations. He has a lot of great one liners and Michael Ironside has the perfect voice for him. It's a lot of fun to play. Thanks for doing this giveaway. Tomb Raider is awesome.

alibs83

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
No video game action hero more entertaining than Master Assassins Ezio Auditore. He was charming and dynamic.

Stosh is Fubar

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
my favorite character is still John 117. Halo truly introduced me to the online multiplayer first person shooter. He is a man of few words and all around Bada@# taking on anything in his path and even an entire war with an alien races. He ushered the xbox into households and has continued on 2 other platforms. The games have helped to evolve the genre and the character is next to invincible with that armor and the weapons are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.