Enter to Win an Xbox One and 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' from Tom's Guide!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzysodaisgood

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My favorite video game character is Master Chief. He is just so freaking awesome!! Halo was the first video game I ever played on Xbox and I loved Master Chief, I thought he was the coolest thing ever and because of him I fell in love with playing video games.

Pramod_K

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My fav character is Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013 and I even have the GOTY to prove it. I love the way the character is built. It is pretty cool how an accident brings out a survivor and a hero out of Lara Croft. Same reason why I want to win this giveaway! I want to explore the story further.

Michael_97

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
My Favorite Action Hero in Gaming is Solid Snake from The Metal Gear Solid Series. When he first arrived in 1998 in Metal Gear Solid, he was badass soldier who was a genetic clone of Big Boss since he was a product of The "Les Enfants Terribles" Project. He had a personality of wit and humor, even including a backstory. He was pulled out of retirement multiple times to infiltrate Shadow Moses and stop a world catastrophe. Even with suffering from Accelerating Aging, he will not stop until he completes the mission. That is what makes him my favorite action hero in gaming.

Rod1993

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
Dante from dante's inferno. You got to admire the love he has for his wife. Going trough hell to save her soul. Not for me. I would give up at the spiderwomen.

Love conquers all

tsoftail96

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
We love Tomb Raider! We have been playing Tomb Raider since 1996. We have Tomb Raider toys and comic books...1st editions and some sketch books too. We would love to win this bundle. We cannot wait for the new Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

The Rayners.

nimbian

Estimable
May 4, 2015
For me it has to be Master Chief. The first halo came out when I was seriously getting into hardcore gaming. Watching Chief rise from the chamber at the beginning of the first halo will stay with me always. Back to Master Chief. He has gone toe to toe with 3 different alien/ancient races at this point and has come out on top each time. Even when all seems lost he manages to come in and save the day.

Chappell2005

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
My favorite hero from a video game would have to be Conner from assassins creed III, Or any of them really I enjoy that line of games and my daughter and wife like to watch me play the games. I haven't gotten the last one as I haven't had a system t play them on.

Faervel23

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
Naming one favorite character is really hard because there are so many games that have me rooting for a character and caring about them. Most people don't understand the connection that gamers have to the characters they play and the ones they relate to. I know this is a thread on Tomb Raider and honestly it is what brought me to this page, but I truly feel that Lara Croft is the one character out of all the games that I have played that I relate to and cherish the most. For me as a young girl gamer (which was rare back in the 90s) this iconic character was the person I wanted to be. Brilliant, sexy, adventurous, and just all around kick ass! ☺

Even when I was in the Peace Corps and I was trekking through the jungles in Cameroon hunting viper snakes with the other men in the village. (Long story...) Yeah the only girl again… but I would keep telling myself to stay strong, keep going, and pretend your Lara Croft. That at least gave me the courage I needed to make it through.

I was so ecstatic to find out that Crystal Dynamics was making this game again and that I could keep exploring with Lara. I never want it to end. I cannot wait till next Tuesday.

Happy Exploring Everyone!

SHADOWx609

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
My favorite video game hero is Link from The Legend of Zelda. For me all the LoZ games have a sense of coming of age type of story. LoZ was the very first game I ever played on the NES or any video game. His adventures to me symbolize the different trials, ups and downs we go thru in our greatest adventure called, Life.

The fact that he is never voiced, but clearly speaks to others, indicates that the game wants you to experience Link's journey as closely as possible. I never get tired of playing LoZ games, and when the choice comes to input player name in ANY game, it is Link. ;-)

manishbh

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
My favorite since I was a kid has been Sonic the hedgehog. Though I haven't played a Sonic game in ages, but it was one of my first games,

zenic1

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
I'll say its my fallout3/NV Character
moral but devious,plays all factions,prefers to talk his way into and out of trouble and when violence is required he is merciless.
Mind of a villain, soul of a hero

oh, and he is a shameless hoarder.

leoana62

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
This may seem silly to some, but the first game I ever played that hooked me in was Kingdom Hearts. I have to say Sora. I never had any interest in video games before then. It showed me "a whole new world" (Kingdom Hearts/Disney reference).

Kvlt Doom

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Not really an "action game" per se, but I'd go with Shepard from the Mass Effect franchise! He is a character that you can change a bit through game-play choices, but he is at his core unmalleable.

level5000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Max Payne, for these quotes: "Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it’s happening to you" and "It wasn’t about how smart or how good you were. It was chaos and luck, and anyone who thought different was a fool."

fradster

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
My favorite would have to be Master Cheif. I had dabbled in many casual games, but the sights and sounds of MC in Halo is what really got me into games and the gaming community.

DylanGlow

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
My favorite hero is actually Joel from The Last of Us. Having such a real character is a nice change of pace, and I'm a big fan of "the normal guy becomes the hero" scenario. Joel isn't only the protagonist, but he's also not that great of a guy. It's such a strong narrative and has such loveable characters. I think I might go re-play that now actually...

Conquer_Nvy

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
My favorite video game action hero would definetly have to be Booker DeWitt from Bioshock Infinite. Just because his story, whether it be good or bad, it just kept you thinking throughout the whole game and then allowed you to realize that the whole time, as questionable as he was at points, he was trying to help all along. Also adding on that he was pretty badass going through all he did, fighting bad guys, swinging from skyhooks just to save Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.