Epic Game's Fortnite PC Exclusive, First to Use UE 4

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i know but i dont want to rebuy a game i have, even if my game is a defective one. we wont see the game on those systems, they want to show the engine off, and try to force microsoft and sonys hand at a better specs. so im really doubting we will see it there. and my point is, even if epic games saves money from unreal 4, ea and the like will still try to force use to pay more.[/citation]

Yeah but alot of people won't take the crap EA spew. There were rumours that some of the Mass Effect DLC wasn't going to be free but after the backlash it ended out being free. There was some game on IOS that EA was going to close down after people paid for it, and it was still up for sale after EA announced this. As soon as the backlash came in EA decided not to close the game down. They can be persuaded by people as they don't want to ruin their brand name. However after seeing things like this I will never use Origin like I use Steam.

I love how EA said they are not going to sell their games cheap because it ruins their IPs when half of them are in bargain bucket bins at retail stores.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Dark Comet[/nom]Yeah but alot of people won't take the crap EA spew. There were rumours that some of the Mass Effect DLC wasn't going to be free but after the backlash it ended out being free. There was some game on IOS that EA was going to close down after people paid for it, and it was still up for sale after EA announced this. As soon as the backlash came in EA decided not to close the game down. They can be persuaded by people as they don't want to ruin their brand name. However after seeing things like this I will never use Origin like I use Steam. I love how EA said they are not going to sell their games cheap because it ruins their IPs when half of them are in bargain bucket bins at retail stores.[/citation]

but look at it this way.

ea was planning on a free dlc pack from the beginning for mass effect 3. so thats of no consequence, the reason they even went with redoing the 3 endings, and giving us a 4th kick in the nuts ending was because the hard core fans are the ones that would buy dlc no questions asked, but they were screwed over... but thats another time.

with the ios game, its was a pr move, would they make more money from shuting it down with bad pr, or by keeping it open and not making them mad.

but with a concentrated effort by everyone to raise the price on games, you would need to lose 1 in every 7 gamers to make that a loseing situation, and most people would call you cheap for complaining about an extra 10$ a game... hell im already called cheap because i refuse to pay for live.

Status
Not open for further replies.