Epic: Ureal Engine 4 Not Until ''Next Gen''

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]perzy[/nom]I dot know technical details but UE3 is not appeling to me. I play UT3 and enjoy it and some parts are amazing. But, as a whole it is not pretty. I dont like it like I love the graphics in old UT from 1999. I can't be more specific sorry. It's just to bright colours, to blurry.[/citation]

I actually do like it,
for some reason the way they make this shiny appeals to me
even though it's far from being realistic

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
what?? 7 years? wow glad to see that in 2002, a time where directx8 was just on the horizon and "shader" wasn't even a buzz word, Epic had the fore site to be developing an engine that will take advantage of the multi core and GPGPU architecture of the next gen....

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
before they release any of this
Nvidia needs to make some normal gpu's on laptops
My laptop gets raped by gears of war on medium settings, even low res
and that's like a 9600m gt

poorgeek

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Seven years and counting for UE4? I hope someone develops the hardware that can actually use it. Otherwise, it's DOA.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Please...for the love of all that is decent in this world, FIX THE DAMN TYPO!!! Its in the INTRO FFS ... Good lord these are getting annoying. First i thought it was some brand new engine I'd never heard of - the U.R.E.A.L. engine or something - then it dawned on me that its another typo.... sigh..big sigh :(

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]that's why the engine is licensed for tons of other games... mud... hmm. must be oil laden mud! :pUE3 (Engine) is fine.[/citation]

UE3 (Engine) is fine in my book. I'm talking about the UT3 game itself. I think the game plays pretty good. But Epic failure on map design and some (lack) of playability due to some retard at Epic who thought "Lets make the game less FUN by taking about Vehicle View Zoom" - who needs to see what they're doing to play a game the customer/sucker spent $60 on.

Out of 33/35 maps. 5 awesome maps, 15 Crappy maps and the rest. And with all these NEW VECS... tiny ass maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.