Question Error code: DRM_SCHEME_NOT_SUPPORTED on Netflix & Amazon Prime

Mar 14, 2023
I wasn't sure whether to post this in Apps or in Android, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place, but I think it's an issue with my phone...

I just bought a Galaxy A53 5G (android Version 13) cell phone and I've been downloading tv shows to it and watching them at the gym. But about every 10th episode, when I select play, I get an error message that says:

"Error code: DRM_SCHEME_NOT_SUPPORTED. There's a problem with this video which might be solved automatically by restarting your device."

This happens with both my Netflix and Amazon apps. Restarting my phone does work, but when I go back to Netflix, none of my downloads are there anymore, they've all been deleted and when I go back to Amazon, my downloads are still there, but I can only watch one video. When I try to watch a second video I get the error message again.

This is extremely frustrating! Can anyone advise?

Thanks so much,
Jenny

Reactions: richardwilson123
Mar 14, 2023
Thanks for the reply @richardwilson123 - for some reason I don't see your reply here in this thread, but I got an email with your suggestions, so I hope you see this response.

I did a software update on the phone and cleared the data and cache in the Netflix app, so now I'm waiting to see if it will happen again.

Not sure I understand your other two suggestions - reset app preferences to what? And I didn't know that it was possible to use a different video player for Netflix...any suggestions for how that works and which player I could use?

Thanks so much for your advice!