error code light on mitsubishi WD73738 tv

dsview16

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have a mitsubishi WD73738 tv changed the lamp worked for a little while tried to trun the tv back on and would not come back on . So changed the power supply board came on and tested it to see if would come back on but it didnt . Then changed the lamp ballst no change didnot come on . Have been getting a code of 6red and 1 yellow flashing light. Can someone please help LOVE this TV

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
maybe follow the manual...
quote "TV may require service.

Hold power button on front panel for 10 seconds to reset TV.
If LED continues to flash red and yellow after reset, turn off the TV and
unplug it from the AC power source. Wait one minute and then plug the set back in.
If LED continues to flash red and
yellow, go to www.mitsubishi-tv.com or call 1-800-332-2119 to receive Authorized Service Center informa-
tion. You may be asked to count how many times the LED flashes each color to aid in troubleshooting."

Lastly, ensure that all the cabling has been checked going to the light engine... perhaps you disconnected a cable "accidently". Still further, does your color wheel attempt to spin up?

Probably the first question should have been "why did you change the lamp?".

dsview16

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Sorry so slow to reply working.
As mention above I have changed the lamp, the power supply board,and the lamp ballast.
About 3 days ago the tv just turned on so my son has not turned it off ,but this is no soulotion
I had also called Mitsubishi service center and was told that Conn's was there service dealer in my area NO THANKS!!!
So I was just hoping that someone had some helpful hints for me Thanks