Eset Smart Security 8 or Bitdefender Total Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitdefender Total Security has the best detection rates in the industry.

And it's very light won't slow your system down.

http://store.fileforum.com/p30558-bitdefender_total_security_2015_3-pc

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 [3-PC]
includes a 3-PC, 1-Year license

MSRP: $89.95

Save: $60.00 (67%)

Our Price: $29.95

Bitdefender Total Security has the best detection rates in the industry.

And it's very light won't slow your system down.

http://store.fileforum.com/p30558-bitdefender_total_security_2015_3-pc

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 [3-PC]
includes a 3-PC, 1-Year license

MSRP: $89.95

Save: $60.00 (67%)

Our Price: $29.95

valeman2012

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
I currently use Eset to. But i dont know about Bit Defender....
Eset detected fake false postive viruses

When you said best detection rate does it count false positives?

salvatorv

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014
I have used BitDefender since 2013 and its firewall software caused many (still unsolved) problems with Windows: ill-supported IPv6 (Windows does not get IPv6 addresses), blocked homegroup, unstable adapter setting, unusable stealth setting, etc. I was so fed up, I decided to uninstall it (while I still had one year license) and I ordered ESET Smart Security 8 and now Windows 10 works like a charm: no problem with homegroup, I have my IPv6 addresses, etc.

In short, BitDefender damages your Windows experience in such a way it becomes intolerable, ESET keeps it intact. Now when I read all the positive reviews about BitDefender, I can only think that those reviewers never used BitDefender on a daily basis.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Neither. Give Comodo Internet Security a try. It's free yet is as reliable as any of the "paid for" alternatives. I should know, I've been using it on 3 machines for over 7 years and it's never let me down despit my going to a few 'dodgy' websites on a regular basis.

It doesn't make sense to pay for protection when Comodo is free and every bit as good in my opinion.

salvatorv

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014

With all due respect, your answer is hardly a comparison objectively fed by own experience. I have no share in any of those 2 companies and I have used both. I have nothing to say about the antivirus part of the packages; they are excellent in both cases. What concerns the firewall, this is another story. Bitdefender's firewall blocks basic Windows functionalities when you have more than 1 PC connected at home and, if you have a NAS, it is even worse. Making backup regularly failed: I thought it was due to the backup software and I changed from Acronis to AOMEI: not solved. I thought issues with local disks and I performed multiple chdsk with all possible options: no cure. I changed BitDefender by ESET: all is solved. And all other connectivity problems I used to support were solved too: Windows Homegroup works finally well and IPv6 is now functioning. To the subjective side, I have the feeling that the PC boots and runs smoother.

Therefore I can sum up as follows: if you have a LAN at home with more than one PC and a server and you want to use CIFS/SMB protocol (for the NAS), Homegroup for your PC together or IPv6, do not buy BitDefender. If you have a standalone PC, BitDefender is great because it is easier to use with much less options you can set up.

From my personal point of view, I was happy to give up my remaining year license I had for BitDefender to buy a license at ESET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 0
valeman2012 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2