Ethanol-driven Laptops

mcfly2000

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
Hello,

About two years ago, I read in a magazine that they were 'just about to' release laptops that were powered by ethanol(or something similar).
Last year, I read some website, claiming the first of these laptops would be out on the marked in summer 2006.

Well, its 2007 now. Has anyone seen them?

I would very much be interested in one, as I'll be going away for a long time to a place with no electricity.
If I could take a laptop and a few gallons of ethanol with me, that would really be sweet. :)

phase_22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1933313,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

A fuel cell that goes in the CD ROM drive bay.
Very interesting.

Loads of articles about clever fuel cell stuff for laptops when you google for it, BUT I can find absolutely nothing that you can actually buy. :(
I found this link through the extreme tech link you gave. It was the tenth hit through a Yahoo search on "Antig Technology."
From the I4U news link you can link to the Antig Technology link.
It would be useful to have appropriate fonts for the language, and moreover to be able to read the language. In a pdf, this site (link) shows a (laptop, cell phone, pda, GPS, Mp3, etc.) fuel cell available for purchase. However, it does not look to be able to fit in a Optical drive.