Europe to Get New DS in March, No U.S. Date Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]They are doing this to keep it alive a little while longer.They should focus on wii HD instead.[/citation]

Hmmm. Think about it.

Over 55 million (Sept 09, before holidays, before price cut) people have purchased a Wii, which is way more than xbox 360 and the PS3. Apparently many of console gaming market doesn't seem to care about HD; so why rush to release an HD Wii?

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]foxyg[/nom]Because Wii sucks? Aside from a few good Nintendo first party games it really doesn't have anything.[/citation]

Nintendo doesn't care if you think it sucks. The Wii has sold damn well, better than any other console. Also, Nintendo actually makes a profit on the console while Microsoft and Sony lose money on console sales.

And for games...people have been eating up Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, etc.

Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a great product that people worldwide love. Heck, it's been way more profitable than the Xbox 360 and PS3! They don't think they need to listen to anyone on how to make a profit in the video game industry...

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
If the screen resolution is not increased on the larger screen, then what is the point in this? The graphics on the DS are adequate for it's purpose, but certainly far from great, and I can't imagine why anyone would want a larger screen when all it will do is make all the graphics look more blocky?

foxyg

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Wii is sure good for Nintendo, but it is good for third parties, there is a reason third parties shun from it. Almost all of my friends has a Wii, none of them take it seriously and play it on a regular base.

Also if screen resolution doesn't matter, why don't you play your pc game at 480p then.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]foxyg[/nom]Wii is sure good for Nintendo, but it is good for third parties, there is a reason third parties shun from it.[/citation]

Riiight...and developers just love writing code for the PS3. And there certainly isn't a myriad of third party companies that make hardware for the wii...

[citation][nom]foxyg[/nom]Almost all of my friends has a Wii, none of them take it seriously and play it on a regular base.[/citation]

So because a couple of your friends don't play it on a regular basis that means the whole world doesn't? Get out of your bubble, dude.

[citation][nom]foxyg[/nom]Also if screen resolution doesn't matter, why don't you play your pc game at 480p then.[/citation]

I believe my first post said:

"...Apparently many of console gaming market doesn't seem to care about HD..."

Be sure to read next time.

Anyways for a viewing distance of 6-8 inches 480p is absolutely fine up until a screen size of 9-10 inches. You will not notice 720p or higher. Check the shortest recommended viewing distance SMPTE calculators.

I love how I get down rated for making very obvious points that the Wii has been outselling the other consoles.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I hate this whole talk about a console being "better" cuz it's more profitable... not saying any1 said that here, but just that i've heard it quite a few times..

Wii is a crappy console... creative idea, but pretty stupid. God knows who plays it, my entire family ... including relatives (and their kids) have it, but all of em, literally all of em find it boring and stupid.

Seriously, it's just sad how we seem to be going backwards in certain aspects of technology and what's worse is that people don't mind at all.. they appreciate it infact.

PS: Apparently somebody seems to be regretting buying a Wii lmao..
*cough* njalterio *cough*

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]Hmmm. Think about it.Over 55 million (Sept 09, before holidays, before price cut) people have purchased a Wii, which is way more than xbox 360 and the PS3. Apparently many of console gaming market doesn't seem to care about HD; so why rush to release an HD Wii?[/citation]

because many of the console gaming market are idiots, who bought it for the gimmick, or because it was cool, or because doing their own excersise without having an avatar watching you was too hard...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]Nintendo doesn't care if you think it sucks. The Wii has sold damn well, better than any other console. Also, Nintendo actually makes a profit on the console while Microsoft and Sony lose money on console sales. [/citation]

Microsoft is not losing money on the sale of the console itself anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.