Ex-Broadcom CEO Cleared of Selling Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
"From the evidence ... as well as what's been attained from the pretrial services, it does seem that you had a serious drug problem...You paid dearly for that. You lost your marriage, you lost your job, your reputation has been tarnished, but from what I gather you've been clean and sober for two years and I commend you for that."
After a statement like that, he sounds like he could use an eight-ball.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
well based on the original link in the story, hey what do expect when the law and prosecutors are found to use the media, intimidation, and abuse their power just to get a conviction? Whether a person is truly guilty or innocent does not give the authorities the right to break laws either. That just makes them as guilty as the criminals.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]Jane, the link to the full story at the bottom is wrong; it points to his charge of insider trading. The correct link is this:http://venturebeat.com/2010/01/28/ [...] f=obinsite[/citation]

Thank you! :)

G

But I thought the D.A.R.E. officer said I'd never get to be CEO of a company unless I stayed away from drugs?!?!?!?!?

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I swear the guy looks like the Pot Dealer I bought from a few yrs ago. Rich neighbor hood, white colar, and two hot chicks answering the door. Seriously....it just all makes sense now.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]Or should you say, a really bad human..[/citation]This got marked down to -5? Is this a web site for junkies now?

Doing cocaine does not make someone human. If you're referring to "we all make mistakes" then I agree, we all make them, but an educated family man starting up a cocaine habit isn't just a "mistake."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS