Ex-Infinity Ward Guys Join Respawn Entertainment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]I can't wait for Call of Duty 4: Office Warfare. It will include all of the higher ups from activision getting killed off in a 4 hour long story mode.[/citation]
$49.99 for the PC version right?
Oh, only $69.99 for the collectors edition? Alright, here you go. Could I get the change in coins?

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]spoofedpacket[/nom]Yeah, you should have. This was news over a week ago on Slashdot. I figured it didn't get posted on Tom's since it wasn't something sad and FUDdy about IW's employees. It turns out, they are just slow on here.[/citation]
er, he did. or were you being doubly sarcastic?

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]I agree with you there![/citation]

I AGREE better come up with didicated servers this time or i wont be even getting a bent version

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
I can only imagine their first order of business would be to make a Call of Duty killer. However, it seems this conflict arose because of IW's desire to make a new IP and Activision being greedy and going back on their word.

I would be surprised if they came out with a call of duty type game. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought a game that was fun and more in line with what gamers want.
I'd like West and Zampella to win their lawsuit, but I think that is unlikely given that other devs worked on the call of duty series. This may keep Activision from releasing another modern warfare game though.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
This whole dedicated server issue, like so many others... I'm reluctant to paint blame on Infinity Ward as much as it was a mandate from Activision to keep them on their bi-yearly schedule and downsize support needs. Proof will be in what the first FPS from Respawn will be like.

Too often I'm seeing this lumping together of Infinity Ward and Activision in criticizing statements. Remember they're separate entities tied together. It's like a religious or political party (IW) repressed in their homeland (Activision). So a few brave leaders take on an expedition (RE) to find a more more open society (EA) to plant roots in (time will tell if they found just that). Think about that when you dog IW for whatever reason. I'm sure they'd take gamers desires to heart but every year they're more and more under Activision's whip and lash. 2013 Infinity Ward is going to look a lot like current Treyarch. Hell... in a few years they might as well merge them.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation](The thesaurus is a wonderful invention...)[/citation]

I find it ironic that there is no other word for thesaurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.