Ex-Modern Warfare Execs Respawn New Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Hopefully they are able to keep EA as uninvolved as possible. It would be nice to see them bring back real PC support and continue to make good games.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I look forward to teh new franchises they create.. I have alot of respect for these guy and hope they are allowed free reign by EA to make great games that we, the gamers want. Here is to hoping for a great gaming future

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
"Create brand new games with a new partner, EA."
"This is the start of a great publishing partnership."

Ah, money repairs even the most damaged relationships.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Let's hope they don't screw up their next FPS like they did with MW2. EA don't let these yahoo's near the Bad Company franchise!

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
As much as possible, I would like to have a positive outlook on this. But when we talk about EA, well, hopefully they won't ruin the game by introducing their own ways of doing things (remember Red Alert 3).

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Considering these guys made all the "Good" cod games as well as the medal of honor games im pretty pumped for this. I think this will be good as long as EA lets them have a great deal of control over what they do. EA will see the sales potential and hopefully good games come out.

G

EA? Are you serious? Oh dear :-(

The same company that completely screwed the Command & Conquer series?

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
With all the former developers from IW leaving Activisions iron grip I wonder how the future of the COD franchise is going to play out. After all it wasn't even a week after MW2 was released that they were talking about releasing 3 more COD branded games within the next year in a half. Talk about milking a franchise to death.

A split is definitely in order if you ask most COD fans after the BS they pulled blowing MW fans off prior to MW2's release. I haven't seen a cocky, arrogant group of people who stuck it to the fans like that in a long while.

kutark

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
I haven't seen a cocky, arrogant group of people who stuck it to the fans like that in a long while.

I have, its called Blizzard Entertainment. Only a brief look at whats happening with Starcraft 3 is evidence enough that the entire industry, at least on the publisher side, has gone off the pier. Developers need to reach down deep and grab hold of their stones and start getting WRITTEN contracts limiting publisher influence on their products.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Now Infinity Ward is a ghost of its former self, without the head that led it for a long time.

I hope Respawn would reverse some of the unfortunate decisions made for MW2. That would restore faith in them again.

G

Sounds kind like flagship studio no2.

Let's see if EA make respwan rush out half finished game like EA did with flagship studio and hellgate: London.

Status
Not open for further replies.