News Exclusive: Apple just showed us how it will kill the password forever

Aug 3, 2022
Okay... so basically switching from an iPhone locks you out of every single online account? There needs to be some sort of regulation done here.

Whysodifficult

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Great idea, just how do you get around no internet connection?
Was out of range for five days and if I cou remember passwo for reset I would have been stuffed

Aug 5, 2022
android allready has this and its been had it my galaxy does this and its a mid level device, apple always 2 steps behind droid, over priced and comes in second lol yall love wasting money

Sep 13, 2022
Great idea, just how do you get around no internet connection?
Was out of range for five days and if I cou remember passwo for reset I would have been stuffed
This I used for online accounts, not offline, if you don't have internet connection you can't access the account anyway.

android allready has this and its been had it my galaxy does this and its a mid level device, apple always 2 steps behind droid, over priced and comes in second lol yall love wasting money
This technology is not available on Android, either you have the wrong idea or your just making things up in a poor attempt to insult Apple users. I use both Android and iOS on a daily basis and Google OS does not have this YET and neither does Samsung. In saying that, this is coming to Android before the end of the year.

Okay... so basically switching from an iPhone locks you out of every single online account? There needs to be some sort of regulation done here.
This is a joint effort between Apple, Google and Microsoft and there are plans to migrate PassKey to other devices so you won't be locked in. Also Dashlane and 1Password are working on multi-device PassKey applications.