Exhaust vibration

anwarh

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Request your advice as i have recently bought a Sony Vaio VGN-CS120J laptop. I have noticed that there is a king of extra vibration and soung near the exhaust. It seems like the exhaust fan is running the double speed. don't know exaclty whats wrong. and there is bit of vibration and sound as well... i believe someone can help me out

anwarh

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

no the notebook is new brand. please suggest what exactly should i do to resolve it... it appears mainly while any site is loading down or while downloding any stuff.... please do reply... thanks for help

anwarh

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

it happens normally when I surf or Downloand and stuff, and also while accessing this website on the login screen... please do advice on the same....

frozenlead

Distinguished
Turn your speakers on mute, first.

A vibration is a mechanical thing, and won't have much to do with software. We need to find out what your hardware is doing when the vibration occurs. The only two moving parts in your machine to vibrate are the HDD and fans. One of them (or the optical drive, if a disk is in) has to be making the noise.

anwarh

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

hi, i hav replace the notebook....the previous one had a problem in the Hard drive spinner you were right.....
thanks for your help and support....

but the new one i believe have little issue in the exhaust fan again...may be becaus of the overheat..... any advice

frozenlead

Distinguished
If the notebook is used, you may want to consider cleaning out the fans and heatsinks with compressed air.

If that doesn't work, you can replace the TIM, but other than that (with a notebook) you really can't lower heat that much.