EXP GDC Beast for Dell latitude e6330

ryanb248

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
I was looking at buying the EXP GDC Beast for my Dell latitide e6330. Does anyone know if this will work with my laptop?

Solution
I wouldn't recommend trying this. Your laptop's specs aren't for gaming and don't form a good base to expand on, especially not GFX-wise.

Save up a little, spend money on an entry level desktop and plonk whatever GFX card you had in mind into that.

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I wouldn't recommend trying this. Your laptop's specs aren't for gaming and don't form a good base to expand on, especially not GFX-wise.

Save up a little, spend money on an entry level desktop and plonk whatever GFX card you had in mind into that.

Solution

ryanb248

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

the laptop has an i5 and 8gb of ram, its not that bad spec wise and i was just wondering if the component is compatible.

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

"An i5" and "Gb of ram" doesn't mean too much, especially when you look at laptops.

Those components are not going to be anywhere near the performance levels on their desktop counterparts, of which there are a wide array of models and versions.

Dell is a corporation that will try to make as much money as possible by increasing their margin and using the cheapest parts possible. The ram will be slow and processor not at all as powerful as you think it may be. Couple that with a laptop grade motherboard and 13 (14?) inch screen...

This is not a gaming set up and even if you want it to be. I wholeheartedly would not recommend trying the beast with it. You will obviously need a GFX card to go with it, not sure what you have in mind, but it will almost certainly not be worth it.

Having said all of that...yeah. It will work as such.

UPDATE: It says they no longer offer a dell compatible version btw...

ryanb248

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

I use external screens, so the screen size on the laptop means nothing. I got given the laptop free anyways. Where does it say that it does not sell a dell compatible version?

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Sorry, that was just a distributor who stopped stocking it

This is link I believe shows your laptop's MB specs and it says it has PCi-e x16 support

http://www.nexcom.co.uk/fildata/getpdf/1e5fbdfe-05e2-41ef-976b-fcb25c1d4618

So it should work fine

TRENDING THREADS