Explain "Generations" & i3, i5, i7

Pjofsc

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I'm looking to buy a new PC. I don't understand the Core numbers and generations. Is there a place I can view it an Average Jane Senior age can grasp?

Solution
The Intel i3, i5 and i7 are all the latest processors (6th generation). Here is what each one is for:

Intel Core i3 -
The i3 is for everyday users who just want to browse the web and play music, edit Word documents and basic everyday tasks.

Intel Core i5 (Reccomended) -
The i5 can do everyday tasks like a breeze and can multitask, play games and do difficult intensive tasks (like editing photos in Photoshop)

Intel Core i7 -
The i7 is for people who want full power over everything. You can do all of the above super-speedy. Play intensive games, do video editing and max out your computer.

Which one should I get?
If you want to have a computer for everyday work but still be able to do intensive tasks if you...

AuthorFilms Studios

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
The Intel i3, i5 and i7 are all the latest processors (6th generation). Here is what each one is for:

Intel Core i3 -
The i3 is for everyday users who just want to browse the web and play music, edit Word documents and basic everyday tasks.

Intel Core i5 (Reccomended) -
The i5 can do everyday tasks like a breeze and can multitask, play games and do difficult intensive tasks (like editing photos in Photoshop)

Intel Core i7 -
The i7 is for people who want full power over everything. You can do all of the above super-speedy. Play intensive games, do video editing and max out your computer.

Which one should I get?
If you want to have a computer for everyday work but still be able to do intensive tasks if you needed to, I would reccomend going with an i5 computer. If you want a powerful computer, go with an i7 computer. I would not reccomend the i3 to people as it is very limited to tasks.

Solution