Explosion in iPad 2 Factory at Foxconn Kills Two

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
"The safety of our employees is our highest priority" Yeah, sure it is. I guess that's why they installed suicide nets to catch jumpers?

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
That factory must be cursed. Might as well rename it now.

[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]BP stands for British Petroleum. You know, as in the UK. As in... not in the US. Just wanted to make sure you caught that.[/citation]

British Petroleum is as british as dangle berry on a dog is a berry.

G

WTF is with foxconn? suicide and explosions, next thing you know we will be getting blood stained ipads

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
@Belardo:

The "elite"/ super rich don't care about more money they have everything that can be bought...what they crave is total control over other human beings, and I really believe that a lot of these creatures that control high positions of power enjoy the suffering of human beings.

I think the term sociopath would describe many of those at the top in society no matter where you go. After all you have to be ruthless to get to the top.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]@Belardo:The "elite"/ super rich don't care about more money they have everything that can be bought...what they crave is total control over other human beings, and I really believe that a lot of these creatures that control high positions of power enjoy the suffering of human beings.I think the term sociopath would describe many of those at the top in society no matter where you go. After all you have to be ruthless to get to the top.[/citation]
While the description fits the elite Jobs, Gates dos not fit.

(all pun and misspelling was intentional, even the ones I haven't thought of yet)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xmaswraith[/nom]This just in: Foxconn's anti- suicide nets have been defeated by workers jumping off rooftops holding ipad 2's clutched to their chests.[/citation]

If the worker dies with the pad's the company would cry, if "only" the worker died they would just be somewhat saddened because the cleanup costs money! Some corporations just don't care if they have to walk over corpses to get a few more dime out of a product, worst part is that some brands even support that morale by purchasing their products!

Its up to the consumer to vote with the money, just shame the alternatives are few!

Status
Not open for further replies.