External and bluetooth speaker together

jobeppo1989

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Wow. Not finding answer yet. I was playing my music through the aux connection on my stereo - this way I can play stereo to the 2 speakers there. I would like to add my new portable Bluetooth speaker to this mix. This means eliminating the reciever altogher but still using the speakers with my portable bluetooth speaker some how together. Make sense? Thank you in advance for any assistance...or any clarification.

Solution
The speakers connected to your receiver are passive so you have to have an amp or receiver to power them. If you want the bluetooth speaker to play at the same time you may be able to use a program to send the audio from your PC to both the audio out to the receiver and the bluetooth transmitter of the PC.
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm
If that doesn't work then you could connect the BT speaker to the receiver record output if it has an aux input or connect a BT transmitter to that same record out. If the receiver doesn't have record or pre out then you can split the output of the PC and connect the receiver and the BT transmitter.
Don't assume that adding an additional speakers will improve the sound, It's likely...

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
If you are using a receiver it generally won't have an output option for that. You can use a line output converter to go from speaker wire to rca. Then you can use a rca to mini stereo cable. Keep in mind if you use the line level converter on the same output as your speakers, you could overload your amp, as it will lower the impeadence.

The speakers connected to your receiver are passive so you have to have an amp or receiver to power them. If you want the bluetooth speaker to play at the same time you may be able to use a program to send the audio from your PC to both the audio out to the receiver and the bluetooth transmitter of the PC.
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm
If that doesn't work then you could connect the BT speaker to the receiver record output if it has an aux input or connect a BT transmitter to that same record out. If the receiver doesn't have record or pre out then you can split the output of the PC and connect the receiver and the BT transmitter.
Don't assume that adding an additional speakers will improve the sound, It's likely that the receiver/speaker combination will be better than the BT speaker.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS