Solved! External monitor issues with Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2021
I've had my 2019 Asus scar ii with a 2070 for about two years now and since the beginning Everytime I start up my laptop using my external monitor (DP 1.2 I think) I notice that some animations and a little slow (glitchy, jittery) sometimes running programs as well I have some flickering happening. Games either work fine or also result in the same problem.

I've done 3 RMA's on my laptop. One of them they replaced the motherboard, the other was a brand new laptop, and the last one they replaced the display port module. None of these helped.

What I ended figuring out by myself, was disabling my Intel graphics and then immediately enabling it again. Fixes all of these issues upon boot. Also restarting after boot with fix this as well. I thought it might be a issue with just my model. Not to mention fixing my color profile EVERYTIME I boot.

I was wrong, my buddy has a 2021 hp omen 15 inch with a 2060 and it's the same issue using HDMI 2.0.

Will windows 11 fix these issues? Probably not. Open for discussion and possible fixes.

Solution
I've never had these issues, but then again I'm using a Surface 3 with a dock.
I think that the problem lies with Intel's drivers here. If driver updates and rollbacks don't help here, then I think it's Intel that needs to patch this for it to be fixed in Windows 10 or Windows 11.

mrmike16

Honorable
I've never had these issues, but then again I'm using a Surface 3 with a dock.
I think that the problem lies with Intel's drivers here. If driver updates and rollbacks don't help here, then I think it's Intel that needs to patch this for it to be fixed in Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.