Solved! External SSD Thunderbolt 3 Gaming

Apr 24, 2018
So I am looking into buying the MSI GS65 Stealth which comes with 256gb in the model I want and I don’t want to pay another $300 to get the 512gb model. I need the extra storage for gaming because I plan on installing more the 256gb of games. Can I hook up a external SSD drive and download the games on there and play them off of the external drive. If so how would that be done. Secondly can I use the thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop to hook up the SSD because I heard it is much faster then USB 3.1. If so are all external SSD’s compatable with Thunderbolt 3. Thanks so much hope someone can help.

Solution

Yes that one is tough, need to take the motherboard out.

You can probably install games on the external drive but it is not a good idea, you will have issues if the drive letter changes.
Apr 24, 2018

I can’t accsess the inside of the laptop without probably breaking it b cause it is very hard to access. So I can’t rwplace the internal drive

Yes that one is tough, need to take the motherboard out.

You can probably install games on the external drive but it is not a good idea, you will have issues if the drive letter changes.

Solution