EXTREME hdmi issues

finnC

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Ok I've been trying to fix this issue for months now and can't find a single solution ok so

I have a Panasonic viera th-50px80a and the hdmi just refuses to work I've tried all 3 hdmi ports with my xbox and laptop and I have verified it's not the hdmi cable or the devices on a different TV and they worked I can connect my xbox through the composite cables I have reset my TV twice an now I just have absolutely no idea what to do if anyone could help me I would love to for the rest of my life and no I can buy a new tv

Solution
I can think of a few possibilities
1). You're selecting the wrong inputs, you may have to manually select the input you want the tv to work with.
2). The xbox may be outputting the wrong resolution, I would suggest connecting it to your tv using the RGB cables and selecting a resolution which your tv can accept, at least on the rgb cables.
3). Your hdmi cable is knackered, I've had a couple of my own cables fail where the pins within the connections have came loose

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I can think of a few possibilities
1). You're selecting the wrong inputs, you may have to manually select the input you want the tv to work with.
2). The xbox may be outputting the wrong resolution, I would suggest connecting it to your tv using the RGB cables and selecting a resolution which your tv can accept, at least on the rgb cables.
3). Your hdmi cable is knackered, I've had a couple of my own cables fail where the pins within the connections have came loose

Solution